8.24.2010

KZ400 build/entry: Part 1

Like they say, put your money where your mouth is. In that spirit, I present to you my personal entry for the Ozark Mountain Scramble.




About a month ago I began searching for a super cheap bike with this very run in mind. $100 later I had a bike lacking a set of carbs, a bashed in gas tank, and a smashed up headlight. I already have a cr125 carb to make a single carb intake with, which has proven to be very effective on these motors. I also have an unknown gas tank and a spare topend just in case. Compression seems good, but haven't got things fully inspected internally yet. Of course I couldn't resist making up a quick digital mock-up to decide which direction I wanted to take the build.



I also found some spare time to whip up an untested wiring diagram modifying a previous one I made for my old cb750.

2 comments:

  1. You can probably save some weight but getting rid of the electric start

    ReplyDelete
  2. The starter will be romoved once I prove my carb and kicking ritual to be dialed in properly.

    ReplyDelete